Monday, November 14, 2011

Minor Adjustments

I noticed that some of the plant's leaves were beginning to turn to a yellow shade.  This is not good.  After a closer examination I came to the conclusion that my plants have nutrient burn.  This is caused from having high levels of EC concentration in your nutrient solution mixture.

So to correct this I unplugged the auto feeder for two days and flushed the plant with 8 cups of clean RO water.  I have decided to only run the auto feeder for 12 hours a day from now on, running it along with the lights.  This should fix the burn and prevent it from happening in the future.

I have also decided to run the aeration ring 24/7 to maximize its benefits.  Because the plant is in my room I am a little nervous she will not be getting all the CO2 she deserves.  However, I do smoke in my bedroom, which does give her some of that CO2 ;).  I mean its the least I can do when she is giving me some much fresh oxygen at my bedside.  I am also opening my window for part of the day to allow fresh air in, which contains CO2.  Other than that she is healthy and budding.      

No comments:

Post a Comment